Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resident Advisor--need ideas!?

I am applying to become a Resident Advisor at my school. I think I would be good at it because a Resident Advisor needs to be a people person, and I am very outgoing and friendly. I also like to help people, and that is the perfect position to do so.



Unfortunately, I have no leadership experience. Therefore, I cannot make it sound like I know what I am doing, and I may come off as being aloof, in my own world, or even ditzy.



I know that as well as connecting with the students on a personal level and helping them to fix up their rooms, there are other jobs entailed.



These include posting educational and inspirational bulletin boards, holding monthly floor meetings, and implementing residence hall projects. What are some good ideas for bulletin board topics and floor projects?



The dorm may be either co-ed (around 30 people) or all women (up to 60 people). I go to a music school, specifically for singers, pianists, and organists (mostly singers).



Resident Advisor--need ideas!?

First of all, if you have ever babysat or anything you have at least some leadership experience. But here are some ideas for boards.



Putting pockets (made with those 3 by five cards) for your residents, and writing their name on them. Everyday or once a week or something put an inspirational quote, candy, etc. in them. It is cool because then your residents will also start giving them to eachother.



My RA once posted a bunch of brain teasers, that was really fun.



As far as inspirational stories, an all time favorite is the bumble bee one. They aren't supposed to be able to fly but they can.



Other more obvious ones are like 10 ways to be successful in college tc.



I don't know what floor projects are. But one time everyone in my dorm went to a corn maze, that was pretty sweet. We also went to the coast. I hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage loan